forms and openoffice-base

Hello. On a recent thread in debian-user-portuguese. I was trying to
find out why my OpenOffice Writer 2.0.1-2 crashed every time I tried
to load a certain file [1].

I found out that the file could be loaded after-installing
openoffice-base. The file has forms (input fields) in it.

I would like to know if the debian packages were intented to be like
this (openoffice-base needed for file with forms) or if it is
something to be corrected.

In case it was intended to be like this, I suggest that the package
description explicitly says that the package is needed in order to
open files with forms on OpenOffice Writer, so that people like me
would not uninstall it. :-)

Please CC me in replies, as I'm not subscribed to the list.

[1] http://www.fapemig.br/files/form5.doc

--
Bruno de Oliveira Schneider
http://www.dcc.ufla.br/~bruno/