Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 (Experimantal) issue with -fvisibility=hidden

Hi,

On 1/10/06, YABUKI Yukiharu <yabuki@good-day.co.jp> wrote:
> I found a crash issue OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 in experimental.
>
> Please do not use g++(4.0) option which is "-fvisibility=hidden".

This will of cause lead to performance regressions...

> See also:
> http://bugs.debian.org/307207
> [PR 22587] shared libraries built with -fvisibility=hidden segfaults

...so it would be interesting to know if it's really this bug that you see.

> When Japanse envirionment, Sometime Openoffice.org 2.0.1 crash in
> libdict_ja.so. But, I compile openoffice.org except "-fvisibility=hidden"
> option. libdict_ja.so is fine.

Can you try to disable the patch cws-i18nshrink.diff and see if the
resulting binaries cause the same crash? Without it, libdict_ja.so and
related libraries will be compiled without -fvisibility=hidden, but
the rest of OO.o won't be affected. I've got an idea how to fix the
patch but I'd like to know if the crash disappears without it.

Thanks,

Martin