Re: OOo2 dependencies don't seem right

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:06 +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> [snip]
> > No. This is no bug. This is completely intentional. OOo1 and OOo2
> > thesauri are incompatile. OOo1 ones won't work in OOo2 and vice versa.
> > Since both use /etc/openoffice/dictionary.lst for looking which thesauri
> > are there and each thesaurus registers there both cannot be parallel
> > installed.
>
> I'm sure you've looked into making an /etc/openoffice2.
>
> What's the "can't do it" reason?

There's no "can't do"; more a "won't do because it does not make much
sense".

I would need to patch dictionaries-common which contains the script which
generates the file to generate the /etc/openoffice2 one (or add a copy of the
other one) and then call the respective one just for a package which is
experimental anyway and will go away once it is back in unstable...
And I'd need to add a call to generate the openoffice2 one to
dictionaries-commons ppostinst/rm which first has to check whether OOo2
is installed etc...

Oh, and then you would need some mechanism to make the 1.1.x thesauri
only add info files for 1.1.x and the 2.x ones only for 2.x and change
the script to take only either one only to revert it once 2.0 becomes
default again.

This makes no sense for this timeframe where the openoffice.org2
packages are experimental. They will be back in unstable once and then
the "old" thesauri (only 2..) will be transitioned and /etc/openoffice
will be used....

Regards,

Rene