Re: OOo-build fails on X11 extensions

Rene Engelhard wrote:
Phill Gillespie wrote:
checking for X11/extensions/Xrender.h... no
configure: error: Xrender not found. install X
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

The weird thing is I have Xrender-dev installed and the header file is in the correct directory.
Interesting. Works here on current sid.
Looks OK. Do you also have render-dev installed?
Yep and I think I've solved it.

I'm running the very latest version of Breezy Badger (Ubuntu) and X has
been modularised which has caused quite a few problems (like no "xmkmf"
on my system).  I noticed the configure script said I had Xaw headers
installed but when I looked at /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xaw the folder
didn't exist.  A quick updatedb later and I found that the Xaw folder is
now in  /usr/include/X11

I simply copied the remaining headers from *X11R6* to the new location
and it completes the configure.

I've run Sid for years previously and I'll tell you what, Ubuntu's
unstable is far more, well, unstable!

P h i l l