[OpenOffice] Problem with "dead keys" accentuated characters...

  Hi,

I've just upgraded mu Debian unstable installation with the last
OpenOffice packages, release 1.1.4-3.
I use a french AZERTY keyboard and until now, I can't manage to enter
characters with what I think is called "dead keys", like "ê" or "ï" in
french.
I can paste these characters from another document, or insert them
through "Insert / Special character", but can't enter them directly with
the keyboard ; there is no problem with other "simple" accentuated
characters.

I can precise that :
 - I don't have any problem with any other X, GNOME or KDE application
 - I've tried to change "LC_ALL", "LANG" or other environment variables,
without any effect (my current configuration is with "LANG=C" and
"LC_CTYPE=fr_FR@iso-8859-1")
 - I've also installed "openoffice.org-gtk-gnome" and
"openoffice.org-gnomevfs" packages
 - my X release is "4.3.0.dfsg.1-14", with an NVidia driver

Any help to resolve this problem would be welcome.

Thanks,

  Thierry

--
pub  1024D/2C0BF19E 2002-02-18 Thierry FLORAC <tflorac@ulthar.net>
     Key fingerprint = DDAB A10C F149 8B95 A954  BBC0 9106 C19F 2C0B F19E