Modification of the spell checker

I found that the spell checker in the openoffice is not working corretly in many cases. For example, when I write the word "día" (day in spanish) as dia (í instead of i) it suggest many words except the right one.
Then I decide to solve this problem and I got it by using Metric Access Methods which are suitable for similarity information retrieval. This is the case when we need similar word.
Our method is quite better than the existing one proposed by OpenOffice and it presents a logarithmic time to retrieve the similar words.
Right now, we would like to contribute and add this data structure to the open office but I do not have idea about the structure of OO code. May you help me to do that?.

I will wait for answers.

Sincerely

Jan.