Couple of issues with 1.1.4, including openoffice-kde

I'm currently repackaging your openoffice.org 1.1.4 package for Linspire with a few modifications. I've run into a couple of "problems" I'd like to request help from you to address.

I'd like to install a line in each language pack postinst script that automatically changes the default locale to that language. The reason for this is two-fold. 1.) We create international builds, and in order to provide openoffice in the native language of the particular country we are building for, we could simply add the language pack package to the build. 2.) We want spell checking to auto-default to the language of the last language pack installed.

The locale setting appears to be globally stored in /usr/lib/openoffice/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Linguistic.xcs. However, changing the setting there has no effect. (I installed the French language pack, changed the key in this file, removed all my local config settings, and ran openoffice - still in English) In 1.1.3 in Debian SID, the locale setting seemed to be locally stored in ~/.openoffice/1.1.3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Linguistic.xcu. With 1.1.3, simply changing the locale key in this file did the trick. This file doesn't exist in 1.1.4.

The key appears to be locally stored now in ~/.openoffice/1.1.4/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu. However, modifying this key has no effect (I changed it to fr-FR from en-US), and when OpenOffice is restarted, it reverts to en-US.

My second "problem" is with the openoffice-kde package, and more specifically, with the kdefilepicker utility. In 1.1.3, it launches what appears to be a nice clone of KDE's file dialog (What we want). However, in 1.1.4, it launches a more generic-looking file picker. Please note, however, that when openoffice-kde is installed, KDE widgets ARE being used - The filepicker simply doesn't appear to be.

Also, the filepicker in 1.1.3 defaulted to the users' documents folder, just as the real kde file dialog does, which is what we prefer. The filepicker in 1.1.4 defaults to the users' home directory.

Thanks in advance for your time,

-Brian