OpenOffice and Expert font sets

Hi all!

I am running debian/sid with openoffice (tried both the one from sid and
oo1.9.73 debs) and I have the following problem:

FOr fonts where an expert font set (with oldstyle and real small caps)
is installed, for a normal roman font the sc-font is taken.
Interestingly for the bold font the right one is used.

My fontconfig has the following fonts:
Palatino:style=Light Italic
Palatino:style=Bold Italic
Palatino:style=Medium Italic
Palatino:style=Bold Old Style Figures
Palatino:style=Bold
Palatino:style=Black Italic
Palatino:style=Small Caps & Old Style Figures
Palatino:style=Italic Old Style Figures
Palatino:style=Italic
Palatino:style=Bold Italic Old Style Figures
Palatino:style=Black
Palatino:style=Roman
Palatino:style=Medium
Palatino:style=Light

and I get the following in OpenOffice (see attached png)
all the fonts work, but for ROman/Regular I get the small caps font.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>                 Università di Siena
sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
OUNDLE (vb.)
To walk along leaning sideways, with one arm hanging limp and dragging
one leg behind the other. Most commonly used by actors in amateur
production of Richard III, or by people carrying a heavy suitcase in
one hand.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff