Re: Openoffice 2 on amd64 with ia32-libs

Mathieu Lutfy ha scritto:

>Hi,
>
>No need to use the Ubuntu debs, the Debian OOo2 packages will work fine
>if you use the command "dpkg -i --force-architecture example.deb".

Hi Matt, thanks for the response, I'll try your way but, with
force-architecture it can't install because of dependencies! I can't
install 64bit libraries to make this work. So I'm forced to repackage
these debs?

>But this alone will not solve the problem. When I ran into it, I fixed
>it by installing in /emul most of the libraries on which OOo2 depends.
>When I upgraded from OOo-1.9-125 to OOo-2.0-1, the problem surfaced again,
>but I simply installed newer libraries into /emul. Now that I think of it,
>maybe I had could have avoided this by upgrading the ia32-libs package..

ia32-libs isn't a full package, so you have to install yourself a lot of
libraries

>Finally, I had the bad habit of using strace on
>/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin, and grep for libs. To be honest,
>it solved my problem quickly. You can grep for 'lib' or 'open' to fine the
>latest open lib, and "dpkg -X" it in /emul.

Since I don't like having files out of packages in my system dirs, I
repack every library that I use to have it installed in /usr/lib32.
However I'll use strace, thanks for idea!!!
Greetings

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science