Re: Hunspell sources not found

Hi.

Jerome Warnier wrote:
> While trying to build on Sarge, I fixed already some problems I had, but

which? and with this version? In 2.0.0-2 I already did most of the sarge
backport stuff. If you used that one, which problems did you have?

> I get the following message, whatever I do:
> Unpacking OO.o build tree - [ go make some tea ] ...
> Linking rc3 to 2.0.0
> Fixing unfortunate snafus
> Copying mdbtools into the tree
> Copying default evolution database into tree
> Unpacking hunspell UNO sources
> Copying hunspell library sources into the tree
> cp: cannot stat
> `/root/openoffice.org-2.0.0/ooo-build/src/hunspell-1.0.8.tar.gz': No
> such file or directory
> make[1]: ***
> [/root/openoffice.org-2.0.0/ooo-build/build/ooo680-m3/unpack] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/openoffice.org-2.0.0/ooo-build'
> make: *** [debian/stampdir/build] Error 2

Jup. You need to get that tar.gz from ooo.ximian.com/packages for the
backport (if you use internal hunspell, which I plan to do for the
backport)

> I backported and installed libhunspell-dev (1.1.0-2), but even forcing
> USE_SYSTEM_HUNSPELL=y in debian/rules does not find it. So I tried with

Yeah. Because the patch which fixes OOo to search in
/usr/include/hunspell for the header is applied for sid only. (in
2.0.0-2)

> the internal version, but as you can see hereup, it is looking for a
> file ooo-build/src/hunspell-1.0.8.tar.gz while there only exist the
> following in that directory: hunspell_UNO_1.1.tar.gz
> I guess this would be a problem also for anyone not using the system
> hunspell.
> How can I fix this?

Get the tar.gz and put it into ooo-build/src.
I plan to use the internal hunspell since I do want to backport as less
as neccessary. Which thankfully is nothing at the moment except OOo
itself.

Or wait for a finished backport... I am working on it...

Regards,

Rene

P.S.: You should *not* build as root!