Re: Openoffice 2 questions.

Rene

Thanks for  quick reply.

Rene Engelhard wrote:

Tried  "apt-get -t unstable  install openoffice.org" to see what it
would  happen.
It wanted to remove the openoffice 1.1.3.  I need both installed.
I'm hoping this is a sarge/unstable dependency problem.
Can  both versions be installed?

No. It can be with openoffice.org2 but that's beta2 and it is unmaintained now.

As the package names are the same and 2.0.0 got uploaded as just a new version of "openoffice.org" (without the 2) it will overwrite 1.1.3.

(The official sarge backport will too...)

Need to have both installed for a while.
I hate to thing of the trauma when a couple hundred users switch cold  ;-)

Is it just package names or are there files with the same name?
Looks like most of the packages have different names.

I took the generic rpms from  openoffice.org .
Converted them to debs.
As I recall had to install 3 gcc4 libs from testing.
Seems to work but would rather use something more tuned for the  system.

Thanks

John

begin:vcard
fn:John McMonagle
n:McMonagle;John
org:Advocap Inc
adr;dom:;;2929 Harrison St;Oshkosh;WI;54936
email;internet:johnm@advocap.org
title:IT Manager
tel;work:920-426-0150
x-mozilla-html:FALSE