Re: I've tested ooo2 1.9.108-1 for you

(Sorry for the long delay, I haven't had a fast Internet connection at
home for more than one month now, and it is definitely not viable. I'll
get one this week.)

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 à 02:31 +0200, Rene Engelhard a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > 1) I'm using GNOME, and for whatever reason, the icons where not in the
> > menu after the installation. Logout and back in fixes it. Don't know if
> > this is a problem in GNOME or in OOo. If you want, I can investigate.
>
> Normal I guess.
No, if you get FAM or Gamin installed, it should appear immediately in
the GNOME menu. At least other programs do.

[..]

> > 3) Special prelinking (oooprelink) does not seem to be needed anymore.
> > That's probably great news.
>
> Well, didn't port it yet.. The binaries are not prelinked in any way :)
Then it's probably bad news, as I have no idea on how to help you on
that. Should we expect noticeable performance improvement with that, as
OOo 1.x did?
Is there any way I can help?

> > 4) openoffice.org2-evolution does not conflict with
> > openoffice.org-evolution. I wonder if it would be a good idea anyway...
> > are the two versions meant to coexist on the same machine? I guess not.
>
> Why not?
Knowing that both versions are supposed to coexist on the same machine,
it's ok.

> > 5) Old languages packages are left there also.
>
> 1.1.x? Sure. 1.1.x and 2.0 should be parallel installable for now.
Fine then, same thing as above.

> > 6) It seems weird to me that mozilla-openoffice.org is the only one
> > without "2" in the package name.
>
> yes, an oversight. But it's minor and I guess it doesn't matter that
> much....
No, it's only cosmetic... unless both versions are meant to coexist.

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant