Question about dmake

Title: Question about dmake

Hello,

I have a problem I have not been able to resolve for some time now.
I am trying to 'strace' the dmake process of building Open Office on the Linux operating system. 'strace' is a system call tracking utility provided by Linux.

When I try to track the 'dmake' process of compiling Open Office by entering the following command in the directory that Open Office is ready to be compiled:

> strace dmake
I get a permission error.

Have you come across a problem with trying to 'strace' the dmake process in Linux? Do you know of any reason for this?

Thank you for any help in advance,

Sandra Veledar
Software Engineer
Klocwork