Re: installing new upstream 680 pkgs?

Chris Halls wrote:
Hi Matt,

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 03:08, Matt Price wrote:

There was a recent thread on dev@installation.openoffice.org:

From: Clemmitt M. Sigler
<siglercm@bluehen.me.vt.edu>
Subject: [installation-dev]
SOLVED: Debian
inst. problem for
OOo 1.9 native
.rpm pkgs.
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004
14:34:22 -0400
(EDT)

Hi,

I fiddled around with postinst scripts from the native .rpms and
solved my problem :^)  It was due to incorrect postinst scripts
generated by alien V8.46's conversion of the .rpms to .debs
(under Debian testing i386).  This should get Debian users running.

Steps to get 1.9.m51 installed and running under Debian testing:

<snip>