Re: OpenOffice.org (LGPL) and hspell (GPL)

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 11:28, Steve Langasek wrote:
> What are the advantages of hspell (which I've never heard of) over other
> spellchecking implementations already used by OOo, btw?

The Hebrew language has a different form than English (or other latin
based languages) and thus is better handled by different logic to infer
what is a correct word and what is not. The standard method of prefix
and infix used by (i|a)spell is not very efficient.

I know that aspell is working on integrating word lists generated by
hspell but it won't be as efficient and less able to provide useful
corrections.

Baruch