problem: keyboard

Hello,
  I am having problem with keyboard in "debianize" OO-1.1. When I switch
to czech keyboard using xkbsel, I can type czech accent letters, but the
combination Shift-"plus"-letter doesn't (in all other applications, this
combination produces the letter with the respective  accent.

One can type almost all letters in lowercase without using this feature,
but the uppercase ones I have to insert via Insert - Special symbol, which
is quite uncomfortable.

Please can you advise any hint ?

Packages installed (version 1.1.0-6):
openoffice.org                                  install
openoffice.org-bin                              install
openoffice.org-debian-files                     install
openoffice.org-help-en                          install
openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-gb                install
openoffice.org-l10n-cs                          install
openoffice.org-l10n-en                          install
openoffice.org-mimelnk                          install

Thanks a lot for help in advance,

best regards
           Tomas

 E-mail : davidek@ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz,