Problems with adding new fonts

Dear experts,
  I found some strangeness in the Debian OpenOffice packages. When I
install OpenOffice from the available Debian packages (I installed the
latest available version 1.1.0+1.1.1a-1):
-----------------------
openoffice.org                                  install
openoffice.org-bin                              install
openoffice.org-debian-files                     install
openoffice.org-help-en                          install
openoffice.org-l10n-cs                          install
openoffice.org-l10n-en                          install
openoffice.org-mimelnk                          install
openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us                  install
-----------------------
there is no option of installing new fonts in the "spadmin" program
(this button is simply missing, one can just install a new printer). On
the other hand, when I download the source of either 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 from
www.openoffice.org and install this version, everything is ok.

Well, I would prefer to use the debian packages of openoffice since it is
easier to maintain them. Therefore, could you tell me please what am I
doning wrong and/or how I can add new fonts in the "debian version"
of openoffice ?

Thanks a lot for help in advance,

best regards
           Tomas Davidek