Problems with Math Symbols

Hello list!

I've installed openoffice 1.1 on my Debian Woody System and
everything seems to work fine except of the Math application.

When inserting a Symbol like %alpha or %beta I do not get the
correct Greek Symbol but a Times New Roman character similar to the
symobls found in the Wingdings font. This happens for alle
mathematic symbols. In the Symbol-Edit Dialog I can choose the
correct symbol (e.g. from the Symbols font) but it would be very
annoying to have to select all symbols manually.

Do you have any ideas how I could solve this problem?

Best regards,

Christoph