Re: how to tell if anything evil lurking in an .xls file?

> You could save it in the native format of Gnumeric or OpenOffice.org Calc,
> then convert it back to xls.

> That will likely strip out any nastiness hiding in the original xls file.

< You know you can set "Security Level = {Medium,High}" in Office right?

All along there is no tool to view all of what's inside an .xls file
in cleartext or whatever.  All I can use is less(1). All I can do is
trust that other programs are doing the right thing inside their black
boxes.  There is no total dumper that shows what is going on in every
part of the .xls file.

I mean here I am distributing
http://jidanni.org/geo/taipower/programs/contrib/alho.zip
with no idea if it is all clean or not... and also wondering if such
tiny .xls programs can use less than the 14KB, or is that the smallest
.xls file possible?