Re: Saving/exiting causes OOo Calc to crash

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:24, Clive Menzies wrote:
> I have been using Calc without a problem for about two months but in the
> last week or so, when I try to close certain speadsheets or exit OOo
> with them open, OOo freezes and the only way to recover is to kill -9
> soffice.bin

Can you try moving ~/.recently-used somewhere else and see if you can
still reproduce?  I don't think it will be the cause, but it will rule
out the possibility of it being related to bug #228324.

You can get information about what is hanging by attaching gdb to the
hung soffice.bin process:

  gdb --pid <PID-of-hung-soffice.bin> soffice.bin

(There will be several soffice.bin threads shown running under your user
ID in the 'ps' output - just pick any one of them)

At the (gdb) prompt type 'thread apply all backtrace' and please post
the output.  That might give us a clue which part is hanging.

> I attach one which causes this behaviour.

I can't reproduce the hang here.  But I don't have a powerpc machine
myself.