word-completion tool

Another problem with this:

I am using OOo 1.1.0 on a mixture of Sarge and Sid: all installed using
apt from the debian uk mirror.

Until a few days ago, the word-completion tool was functioning 'as it
should': that is, suggesting words as usual, and saving the word-list
for use in new documents. The 'When closing a document, save the list
for later use...' box in the 'Word Completion' tab of the AutoCorrect
dialogue-box is checked.

However, it has recently stopped saving the list: that is, when I start
a new document in OOo without any other documents open, no words are
suggested, such that in order to get a selection of words into the list
I have to open a few of my documents for it to 'learn some words', as it
were. When starting a new document when there is another open, OTOH, it
is fine and saves the list without any problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh
--