Re: [installation-dev] settings in registry/schema or registry/data -what difference?

Le jeu 05/02/2004 à 12:32, Chris Halls a écrit :
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 09:52, Joerg Barfurth wrote:
> > It appears this is created by setup during the workstation installation.
> > In file $(install)/program/instdb.ins, you'll find an entry named
> > gid_Configurationitem_Linguistic_General_Default_Locale. That entry
> > writes a DefaultLocale into the configuration and it has a WORKSTATION
> > flag, so it writes a value for each user. This has the same effect, as
> > if the user had changed the default locale (which you said you want to
> > allow).
> >
> > I believe that this is intended to write the locale that matches the
> > locale of the office being installed as initial setting. It is done for
> > each user, to allow for multi-lingual installations (which is an
> > installer mode that currently can't be used with OpenOffice.org).
> >
> > If you use a finnish localization of OOo (language code 35), it should
> > produce 'fi' rather than 'en-US' (the latter is the fallback used for
> > unknown languages).
>
> Hmm, thanks Joerg for the explaination.  I wasn't aware that this was
> supposed to happen.
Is it possible for the strange problem I encounter to be related to
that?

The problem I encounter is that some users (always the same) that write
a lot of documents using OOo are sometimes unable to type ^ accents. It
is hardly reproducible, as it happens from time to time, but not much.
It seems not related to new or old documents, as both seem to show the
same behavior.

The documents are sometimes created/modified on Debian's OOo, sometimes
on OOo for Windows.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>