Re: default theme request

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 19:46, debian7 wrote:
> I'm not a programmer - just simple user/admin but I have a request for
> programmers.
> Is it posiible to build packages so every body can decide during install
> which theme to use: original or ximian.

Yes, it is possible.  The problem is that we do not have enough manpower
to work on this.  Future versions of upstream OOo are likely to be
easier to do the switching by including some sort of themeing support,
so it doesn't make a lot of sense for us to spend time on themeing just
for the Debian packages when it will be done in a more general way in
future versions.

> With all the respect for gnome users, I prefer original theme. I use it
> to bring poeople from m$ to linux. First they use openoffice for m$ and
> than almoast painless I move them to Linux.

There are also lots of people comming from Windows who manage perfectly
well with the new look.

> And a last question - is there an easy way to bring original theme back
> to openoffice installed from debs?

It depends whether you are able to make changes to packaging.  You would
need to remove the parts of debian/rules that replace the original icons
with the Ximian version.

Sorry,