Re: Request For Sponsor: myspell-sv-se

Hello,

Rene Engelhard wrote:

Hi,

Hans Öfverbeck wrote:
The package and related files can be found at:
http://www.maths.lth.se/matematiklu/personal/hans/debian/

Sorry, I somehow oversaw this before.

$ dpkg -L myspell-sv-se
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/myspell
/usr/share/myspell/dicts
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv.dic
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv.aff
[...]

When there really is two different "dialects" for sv and fi the file
should not be names sv.{diff,ac}. What if someone wants to package
-sv-fi, then both packages would conflict with each other which would
be suboptimal.
The reason for this naming scheme is that Mozilla expects the sv_SE dictionaries to be called sv.{aff,dic} (it doesn't recognise any of sv_SE.{aff,dic} or sv-SE.{aff,dic}) and the sv_FI dictionaries to be called sv-FI.{aff,dic}. So there is a way to avoid a
conflict and keep Mozilla happy at the same time.

If both (fi and sv) have the same dictionary, just rename the package to
-sv and you are done, otherwise change the filenames (and the entries
for OOo).
I don't know how much sv_FI differs from sv_SE in terms of the dictionary, but from
the above it seems that Mozilla expects two different dictionaries.

And you say the license of the original files is GPL, but COPYING and
Copyright and even debian/copyright is LGPL. What is true?
[ maybe you just typoed, but I want to go sure... ]
I typoed in my letter, the license is LGPL as is claimed in the package.

Regards
Hans Öfverbeck