Re: Swedish myspell packages

Hello

I have updated (see below for changes) the Swedish myspell package, it is available from:
http://www.maths.lth.se/matematiklu/personal/hans/debian/

Rene Engelhard wrote:

Hi,

Hans Öfverbeck wrote:
2. We were asked by the ftpmasters not to create such small hyphenation packages alone [2]. How about creating a single package that includes both the dictionary and hyphenation, calling it myspell-sv-se and in addition,
Provides: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv, openoffice.org-hyphenation?

Shouldn't it provide: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv-se aswell ?

Doesn't hurt but is not really necessary..
OK, I have skipped this provides.

The Provides: is there to being able to suggest / recommend the right
dictionaries / haphenations. --l10n-sv therefore only suggests -dv and
there is no need for this provide.
You would need it if there was an old package in Debian or somewhere
and you have that rename/merge, you would need that
Replaces:/Cconflicts:/Provides: magic. But that is not the case here.

But I would hold off to package -hyphenation-* (and therefore add the
Provides: of it) as long as we haven't thought out an solution
how we are going to handle that stuff yet. We are going to discuss it
with James, but I think he has other things to do right now so it will
take some days...
I have included the hyphenation table in myspell-sv-se.

3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?

myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.aff /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.aff
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.dic /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.dic

No, this was because the dsdt-policy draft says so: http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html#installdir

... which was written so to make it working with mozilla, too. This is
just one way. I tested the symlink method (which I prefer since that
makes installing the dicts easier with dh_install)..
Another point is that all people know the names and installing - _may_
confuse users...

OOo does not need you to call the dictionary sv_SE.dic - I suggest you install it with the filename that Mozilla requires and change myspell-sv-se.dictlistinfo to read 'DICT sv SE sv-SE'. That way you do not need the links.

Ok, I have installed the dictionary files as sv.dic, sv.aff as this seems to be the names under which mozilla expects to find them. Since the symlinks are no longer needed I have removed them.
As pointed out in an earlier mail mozilla seems to expect the Finno-Swedish
dictionaries to be named sv-FI, so the risk for a conflict between sv_SE and sv_FI is small. To be consequent I have also renamed the hyphenation file hyph_sv_SE.dic -> hyph_sv.dic
altough it doesn't matter to mozilla.

Regards
Hans Öfverbeck