Re: font screwup --> crash on start

Hi, sorry I had a long backlog.

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 20:39, Matt Price wrote:
> I've messed up my debian openoffice installation.
>
> Problem started this way:
>
> I installed OOo1.1 debs, and found that I'd lost some essential fonts,
> esp. charter (which I use bc I need to see onscreen if theitalics is
> working).  Anyway, I read the README.Debian,saw about 'moving fonts to
> /usr/lib/fonts', and tried to move the charter files there from
> /usr/share/texmf
>
> this didn't fix the problem, so I removed them, not realizing that OOo
> was still starting up osmewhere...  so now it crasheswith the progress
> bar stuck at around 50%.  I assume something got messed up when I
> foolishly removed those files.

It's a good idea to post the output if 'dpkg -l openoffice.org\*'.  I
can't tell what packages you have installed, and it is often very
helpful for us to know.

0x4259e985: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libpsp645li.so + 0x51985
> 0x4256a071: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libpsp645li.so + 0x1d071
> (_ZNK3psp16PrintFontManager25analyzeTrueTypeFamilyNameEPvRN4_STL4listIN3rtl8OUStringENS2_9allocatorIS5_EEEE
> + 0x91)

So, looks like there is a problem in libpsp when loading your truetype
font file.  Run this to find which one it was loading:

OOO_DEBUG=strace openoffice 2>&1 | grep -i "open(.*ttf" | tail

The last open line you see should be the filename of the font that
caused it to crash.  If you move it away, you should find OOo will
continue to load.

If you do manage to find the file, could you maybe mail it to me so I
can try to reproduce the crash with a debug build?

Thanks,