Re: LWZ and gif support

Andreas Tscharner wrote:

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:13:25 -0500 (EST)
20040104@linuxtech.com wrote:

We are remastering a Live CD, either mepis or knoppix, for our site
starryskies.com and would rather use the Debian packages of Open
Office, however I read that gifs are a problem with the Debian
version, is that correct?

I thought the LZW patent had expired and this was no longer an issue.

The LZW patent has expired in the USA and will expire sometime this year
in Europe (don't know when, sorry).

Best regards
	Andreas
I wonder if the folks at GIMP will then incorporate the LZW/gif format into a single application??? anybody heard?

--
John Foster
Advance-Computing Systems