OpenOffice style with KDE

Hi,

I am sorry if I do not send this to the right place, but I hope that you could
redirect me if so is the case.

I run Debian sid with KDE and OpenOffice and have noticed problems with the
way OpenOffice takes on the look and feel of KDE.

I use an extra set of directories for KDE settings, so that my KDEDIRS
variable points to my own global settings directory, then to /usr. I move all
settings that seems suitable for all users to my global settings directory
and away from my ~/.kde/, and keep the temporary and personal settings.

Now the strange problem is as follows: When I use the local default colors for
KDE, OpenOffice takes on its own default color set. When my personal settings
differ from the global settings, OpenOffice takes on my personal settings.

The same goes for fonts. For instance, my current system default is Nimbus
Sans L, size 12pt. OpenOffice then uses some weird really small and ugly font
for the GUI. When I change my personal font preferences to use Nimbus Sans L,
size 13pt, OpenOffice uses it.

This bug seems strange, and could be a real problem in large GUI installations
with KDE..

Regards, and thanks for maintaining OpenOffice!

Carl Ekman,
Sweden