Re: [Fwd: [Issue 22025] Error box complains about missing files without providing the filename]

Am Do, den 18.12.2003 schrieb Rene Engelhard um 23:37:
> Hi,
>
> Juergen Lueters wrote:
> > Considering that the debian maintainer team is small and short of
> > manpower i filed the bug report directly against upstream.
> > The OO folks just plain refused even to look at it, because i am using
> > the debian packages.
>
> *sigh*
>
> > Do we have to file any oo problems against the debain bug tracking
> > system? Do we need to maintain a parallel upstream installation in order
> > to file bugs at OO.org?
>
> That is what I do and I encourage people wanting to file bugs upstream
> to test it with a clean upstream tarball too..

Ok i will do that. Trying to avoid using you as a filter to upstream.
> > Shall i file a corresponding bug report here?
>
> I just reopened the issue. It is not debian-specific in the whole since
> you wish to have the error message improved.
> You can do file a wishlist bug, I'll forward it upstream directly then,
> though.
I disagree, it is a bug. Useless/false error messages are buggy. We are
all short of time. The error messages should enable us to get a clue
what is going on, fast. I do not like the idea to find the missing files
via strace if we can avoid that.

--
Juergen Lueters <jlueters@intranet-engineering.de>
Intranet Engineering GmbH