Re: OpenOffice [alpha]

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 10:09, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,

> > > OpenOffice.org builds now on x86 and ppc only. Building it on 64 bit
> > > architecture without java is kind of trial.
> >
> > However, it doesn't seem to build-depend on any sort of Java...  plus,
> > gij does work on Alpha.

It's not Java that is the problem.  It is lots of places where OOo 1.x
is not 64-bit clean.  It should be fixed upstream by 2.0.

> Uncle Georg build it a while ago, check the archives for RedHat's
> axp-list for details. It would be great if OpenOffice on alpha could
> become official. I don't know the current status of the
> Debian-Open-Office-Team regarding the alpha plattform though.

His patches are based on a very old version, 1.0.1 or .2 AFAIR.  We
don't have the manpower to port them to 1.1.0 at the moment but would be
willing to help someone who wants to do this.  There is a 64 bit CVS
branch for 1.1.0 upstream which has already had some work done.