Re: Dutch spellcheck package RFA

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 06:37:48PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> > Some time ago I announced the availability of a dutch spellcheck
> > package. I wonder if this package could be adopted by the debian
> > openoffice team or other debian developers.
>
> huh?
> What exactly do you mean with "adopted"? Would you maintain the
> package yourself? Do you wanna give the package someone of us and let
> us maintain it?

I'm not a debian developer, but I would like to have the package
included in Debian. I would prefer if a debian developer would maintain
the package. If that's not possible, I would like a debian developer to
sponsor the package.

> Should we upload it to the Debian archive?

Yes, after I've resolved the issues you mentioned.

> > deb http://projects.openoffice.nl/download/debian/openoffice.org/ ./
> > deb-src http://projects.openoffice.nl/download/debian/openoffice.org/ ./
> >
> > Please let me know if you are interested in taking this package.
>
> I do have some remarks:
>
> a) Why -nl-nl? Is there the possibility to get a -nl-be or whatever
> dutch is spoken "outside" the netherlands (if there is some) to
> appear?

I thought that was standard procedure. Also, the dictionary is named
nl_NL.zip. But there is just one official Dutch spelling.

> If no, just call the package -nl.

Ok, I'll do that.

> b) Uploaders: should soe Debian OpenOffice Team
> <debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org> as Maintainer: and you as
> Uploaders: to cenrralize informations and bug reports. These things
> won't be sent to you then so I would be good if you subscribe to
> debian-openoffice :)

Ok, I'm changing that now, and I'll upload the package this afternoon to
projects.openoffice.nl.

Best regards,

Wouter