Starting openoffice with URP port open fails

Hi,

Please excuse my cross-posting, but on users@openoffice.org I received
no answer. Because this issue well might be Debian specific, I decided
to resend to question at this place.

I've started working on Openoffice component development using the
recently beta-released SDK. On requirement is to start Openoffice in
server mode, i.e. Openoffice should listen on a TCP port using the urp
protocol.

The SDK documentation mentions two ways to achieve this:

1) call openoffice with "-accept=socket,port=8100;urp;" as argument
string
2) use the <ooSetupConnectionURL> element in Setup.xml

None of both ways works in my Debian enviroment. I use openoffice.org
1.0.2-1 on unstable Debian. The output is:

$ killall soffice.bin
$ ~/.openoffice/1.0.2/soffice "-accept=socket,port=8100;urp;"
X IO Error

It's the same with other ports, too.

My questions:
1) Does anybody else have the same problems ? (When trying, please do
not forge the "killall soffice.bin" !)
2) How can I gain more information about the reasons of the problem ?
3) How to overcome these problems ?

Neither Google nor Openoffice Issuezilla gave me any hint.

Thanks for any help,

Holger