Re: Open Office 1.0.2 formats differently on different OSes

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:55:35PM +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 21:34, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> > Has anyone else had problems where Open Office for Windows and Open
> > Office for Linux render the same file differently? Is it a font
> > installation problem, or some settings in Open Office? I tried to look
> > up what I could, but msttcorefonts was the only information I found
> > about it.
>
> Is this font issues?
>
> What fonts do you have installed?  Are they the ones in the document?
> Do you run in the same locales and have the same page sizes defined?

Thanks Andrew for your response :)

Gianfranco & I had a session on IRC earlier, and the layout is definately
different between vanilla installs between the two OSes.    I'm trying to
build 644 at the moment and if I suceeed I'll see if it is reproduceable
there and file an issue upstream.

The difference seems to be a consistent difference in the line spacing
throughout the page.  I put up a test document:

  http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/layouttest.sxw

If you load it on Linux, pages 1 & 2 line up correctly, and the last two
pages line up correctly if you load it on Windows!