Re: g++-3.2 transition of the stlport package

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:35:35AM +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> No, libstlport4.5-dev does not contain any library---only the STL
> headers and an empty libstlport.a for developers who are not able to
> delete -lstlport in their Makefile. It is all explained in
> README.Debian.

Aaah!  OK, I failed to find that.  I was looking at all of the package
descriptions and didn't understand what I was supposed to do.

Could you maybe change the last paragraph of the description for
libstlport4.5-full?  Somthing like this:

This package contains the development symlinks and a static library for the
full stlport implementation for those packages that cannot be compiled using
libstbport4.5-dev.  See README.Debian for details.

> Unfortunately libstlport4.5-dev does not work very well
> with nontrivial source code. It is probably better to use
> libstlport4.5-full or no stlport at all since g++-3.2 is much better
> than g++-2.95.

I am told that OOo uses certain stlport features which are not available in
g++ (locales at a guess).  So I guess we'll need to stay with -full, then.

Thanks for your explaination,