Re: Catalan support

Hi Jordi,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 03:50:23PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> I saw on the last big OOo upload something concerning Catalan:
>       # 7230 enable ca_ES locale, correct es_ES locale data
> (http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openoffice.org/news/1.html)
> but there's no ooo-l10n-ca binary package with the stuff. What do I need
> to do to get such package included? I've never used OOo, I'm just trying
> to solve an issue for our Catalan users :)

The locale info means OOo knows about Catalan as a language - you can see it
under various language dropdowns.

ooo-l10n-<lang> contains translations of the user interface, which are not
part of OOo upstream.  I explained the work that is necessary to include
Catalan here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2003/debian-openoffice-200301/msg00155.html