Re: Can't save or open files

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 02:02:35PM +0100, Michael Borko wrote:
> Starting configuration import into user data ..
> .. importing layer file:///tmp/oooLocale.XXXXf8RL7W - succeeded
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: relocation error:
> /usr/lib/openoffice/p rogram/libsot645li.so: undefined symbol:
> StorageFileERK6StriZN10UCBSgER10ByteString

This looks like a problem with the dynamic linker perhaps.  I don't
think it is a real missing symbol problem because it would be repeatable
on other machines.  I don't have a definite answer for how to help you
out, but here are some suggestions for things to try that have helped
solve similar types of problems in the past:

- Remove any prelinking.  You can do this for OOo with 'oooprelink -u'.
- Try a different libc6 package version / reinstalling libc6.
- Reinstall openoffice.org-bin, if you haven't tried already.
- Try 'LD_BIND_NOW=1 openoffice' - that might work around a dynamic
  loader problem
- Make sure you are not using any odd libraries in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
  LD_PRELOAD.
- Create a new user and try starting OOo from there (I think its
  unlikely to help in this case though)

Hope something helps,