german spellchecking does not work for me

Hi,

I just installed the following packages on a debian system (a kind of minimal woody installation with kde):

jupiter:/home/tbayen# export COLUMNS=150 ; dpkg -l "*openoffice*" | grep ii
ii  openoffice.org                  1.0.3-2                         high-quality office productivity suite
ii  openoffice.org-bin              1.0.3-2                         OpenOffice.org office suite binary files
ii  openoffice.org-debian-files     1.0.3-2+1                       Debian specific parts of OpenOffice.org package
ii  openoffice.org-help-en          1.0.3-2                         OpenOffice.org office suite help (English)
ii  openoffice.org-l10n-de          1.0.3-2                         German language package for openoffice.org
ii  openoffice.org-spellcheck-de-de 20020701-6                      German spellchecking for OpenOffice.org (Germany)

I installed the packages with "apt-get -t testing install ..." on my woody
system.

I choosed german as "Standardsprache der Dokumente" in the options dialog.
If I call the spellchecking with F7, there comes a dialog for the first
wrong word that is called "Rechtschreibung Englisch(USA)". The only
language I can choose in the language list gadget is "Englisch (USA)".
But I want the german spellchecking. :-(

Is there anybody out there using the german spellchecking who may tell me
what I am doing wrong?

many thanks,

Thomas Bayen