Re: Processed: only ppc, i386 works

Gotom,
    I downloaded the file in question...

http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/Wissensw_1.pps

...and it loads fine under openoffice 1.0.3-2 from current
debian sid against glibc 2.3.2-1. I don't have glibc 2.3.1-17
installed but I know there are significant thread issues with
the recent debian glibc 2.3.1-1x releases that impact running
gcc 3.2 built jdk-1.3.1's and the upcoming openoffice 1.1beta.
We really need to get gcc 2.3.2-1 into Sarge for ppc.
                                   Jack
ps I am thinking of these changes in particular...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-02/msg00164.html

which mentions...

The changes since 2.3.1 are numerous and are no mere bug fixes.
Significant changes all over the place have been made.  The ELF TLS ABI
has been implemented on numerous architectures.  The PPC32 ABI finally
got a thread register and the thread implementation therefore got more
stable and faster.  For more information about the changes consult the
NEWS file and if necessary the ChangeLog.

:wq