index, search and bookmark should work in help window

Installed OO-packets here are
oo 1.0.1-5+wody6 (binaries),
oo 0.20020222-2 (German help),
oo 1.0.1-6 (English help),
oo 1.0.1-6 (German language),
oo 1.0.1-5+woody6 (en-us-language), and
oo 20020701-3 (German spellchecking)  together with Debian sarge distribution.

After placing a symbolic link named „en“ to „de“-directory and renaming
„en“-directory in /usr/lib/openoffice/help you can open the German language
help window clicking on „Help“ -> „Content“ in the main menu and therein
browse the „Contents“-tree.
Clicking on the „index“, „search“, and „bookmark“ cards in the help window
should cause some action, too. But there is none, neither in the left nor in
the right (display) part of the window.
If you have activated the help agent to show tipps and context help, the help
window is brought up with the „index“ card highlighted, but the display areas
remain completely empty.
There is no change to that if you return to English language help.

Has anyone experienced a smilar behaviour?

I know that it can work, for example using the original OO binaries with the
SuSE 8.0 distribution I have installed on a second hard disk.

Greetings, Georg.