Re: Interface font invisible in OOo1.0.1-6/Woody/K3.1RC6

Hi Alexander,

We're having a lot of trouble reproducing this on a developer machine, so it
is difficult for us to provide a fix for this.

At the moment, our prebuilds of 1.0.2 are failing completely unless we revert
to the internal version of freetype within OOo, so I'm seriously considering
dropping the patch that enables us to use the newer Debian freetype until
OOo version 1.1, which uses the newer libfreetype internally and should
therefore work with the freetype version of Debian.

The downside of this, is that the screen fonts displayed by the libfreetype
in OOo do not look as good as the newer Debian version.  But uglier fonts
are definitely better than no fonts at all :)