Re: OpenOffice setup crashes

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:10:30PM +0100, Peter Kögel wrote:
> On Monday 06 January 2003 11:32, Chris Halls wrote:
> > Which graphics card does your X server use?  Did you try removing fonts
> > from your fontpath as suggested in the README?  Which languages do you have
> > installed?
>
> I have my X server configured dual headed with two single headed graphic
> cards (mga + s3virge).
>
> When I comment out one of the two screens in XF86Config then openoffice
> works. When the two graphic cards are used at the same time oo dies horribly.

Does it work with any of the two screens?  In particular the mga device,
because there are known problems with the Matrox driver (although that
usually causes X to crash, I believe).

A good gdb stack trace would be very useful; the one you posted does not
show anything apart from libc.  How did you start gdb?

Also, did you try removing fonts from your fontpath as suggested in the
README?

Also, which language packs do you have installed?

And, did you try using a different window manager?  (Which do you have,
BTW?)

Thanks,