Re: Java for OpenOffice Setup

At 12:42 PM 01/02/2003, Chandra wrote:
Folks,

I apt-get installed the OpenOffice.org suite with no incident on my Debian/KDE Linux box.

Then, when I tried to setup OpenOffice, it complained that Java was absent (I think the JRE). What Java packages should I install to get around this, and where can I apt-get them from?\

Your previous success may be related to another application requiring JRE, therefore it was already installed. For example, some browsers require the JRE.

I don't think the JRE fits the debian free software guidelines, so you are unlikely to be able to apt-get from the usual debian places.

I think you need at lease JRE 1.3. You can get JRE for Linux from: http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/mirrors.html

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)