Re: Spellcheck Problem

On Sunday 01 Dec 2002 3:45 pm, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No the problem is not upstream.  Spellchecking works fine upstream.
> So something about the debain installation is not correct (it seems to be
> missing the affix information).
>
> Please check for the files en_US.aff and en_US.dic being present in your
> tree in the proper place (under an official upstream build thay would be
> in share/dict/ooo/)
>
> Then check to make sure that the following line is presnt in the
> dictionary.lst file that should be found beside those files.
>
> DICT en US en_US

For some reason i had changed that line to "DICT en US en_GB", i think it must
have been a hack to for en_GB spellchecking when the locales stuff was
broken. Changing it back fixes the spellchecking for en_US, but the problem
still exhibits itself for en_GB, any chance this could be packaged as
something about my manual install of the dictionary might be breaking it.

p.s. kevin, please dont send copies to me and the list, just the one to the
list is enough

Tom