Re: Openoffice now available on s390

Hi Gerhard

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 07:32:51AM +0200, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
>> >thanks to the fine work of the Debian Openoffice packager, I was able to
>> >build Openoffice within 2 weeks. When I have tested the bridge code
>> >thoroughly and done some cleanup of the patches, I will post more details.
>> > I am able to install the packages, setup openoffice and start it.
>> That are very good news .. very good ;)
>> Did you work on it? How does it run?
>I have done several patches, but it was rather straightforward, some config
>files and the bridge code.

Can I found the at
>> >http://people.debian.org/~gt/openoffice.org/
to?

It might be interesting, so we can include them to our cvs at debian :)
and perhaps provide them to OpenOffice.org, if you did not.

>> >The stlport packages are not built from the latest source, but work fine.
>> that should be OK. Chris, Rene and me had a discussion on IRC for using
>> the internal libstlport, Chris and Rene would use the included, me wants
>> to use the external one.
> What do you mean, is it possible to use the internal one?
> Does that compile on S390.

OpenOffice.org's source provides all requiered libs included its source
:(.

That is very nasty, to install all libs twice .. but excluding ist not
as easy as it seems. Some of them are c++ libs and we have to fix and
rebuild them of our own, which takes some time ...

>I am using the external one, but the libstlport4.5gcc3.2_4.5.3-5cjh2 and not
>stlport4.5_4.5.3-3, but I will change that.

Ok .. I askes it, because, I think, chris is right to use the include
the internal libstlport and then exclude all libs, when the gcc-3.2.1
transition is over, then we habe an easier job.

Gerhard, can we use you for supporting OpenOffice.org on S390? ;)

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..