Building on Woody: STLport4 libraries not found

I have set up a chroot environment where I want to build OpenOffice.org for
Woody. When building, the configuration process says "configure: error:
STLport4 libraries not found" and stops.

In addition to the base system, I have installed build-essential. Then I did
"apt-get build-dep openoffice.org". This gave me all packages I needed except
debhelper, which I manually had to upgrade to unstable. I couldn't find
debhelper=4.0.2.openoffice anywhere (it was specified as an alternative OOo's
build-depends).

In particular, libstlport4.5gcc3.0 and libstlport4.5-common (both
4.5.3-3+woody) were installed, so configure should have found it, right?

When building with dpkg-buildpackage, things progress nicely until OOo's
configure script is run, which exits with the following message:

checking for STLport4 headers... checked.
checking for STLport4 libraries... configure: error: STLport4 libraries not
found
make: *** [debian/stampdir/configure] Error 1

Regards,
 Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes