[ntrfug@bellatlantic.net: Problem copying mathdoc.desktop to .../.gnome/OpenOffice.org 1.0]

Hi

I think .. it is good to forward here .. :)

----- Forwarded message from ntrfug@bellatlantic.net -----

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:29:26 -0400
From: ntrfug@bellatlantic.net
To: jan.palic@linux-debian.de
Subject: Problem copying mathdoc.desktop to .../.gnome/OpenOffice.org 1.0

Thank you for packaging OpenOffice.org for use in a Debian system.

I have a new installation of Debian Woody with KDE (and as little GNOME as
possible). I followed your instructions to install the openoffice.org
.deb.

Here is what happened when I ran "/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup":

ntrfug@sirius:~$ openoffice
running openoffice setup...
an error occurred while copying a file
ExitCode: 0

An error occurred while copying the file mathdoc.desktop to
/home/ntrfug/.gnome/apps/OpenOffice.org 1.0

In that directory is a zero-length file "mathdoc.desktop".

After installation, I ran "update-menus" and the KDE appfinder, but I
couldn't find a menu entry anywhere, and there is no icon on my desktop (I
created one).

Perhaps in a later package these can be addressed.

--
Kevin McKinley

----- End forwarded message -----

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **         ,.. ,..