[OT?] awful bug

Well, I encountered an awful bug in ooo1.0 that prevents me and the Agency
where I work to use ooo.

I think it's an upstream fault, but I hope you will help me to make it
reproductible. (I am a debianist of course)

Scenario:
I edit a text with many different photos.
I add some more photos and I save.
Then I add again some more photos and I save.
This operation is repeated several times.

Then all in a sudden, while saving, the following message appears:
<<Error saving the document "name of the doc"
The operation was started under an invalid parameter>>

Then ooo crashes.
If I open the document again all the photos I inserted are substituted by a
white box with a "read error" message.

If I save it and open again also the boxes have disappeared.

If I untar unzip the incriminated document all the image files have gone, as
if ooo was unable to save them during the crash.

No valid backup saved. Tons of work lost.
Me crying.

Any hint?
What does this mean: <<Error saving the document "name of the doc"
The operation was started under an invalid parameter>>?
(if ooo is not able to save its own files, it's useless :-(

Thanks, Emanuele Gissi

--
Ing. Emanuele Gissi, PhD - Direttore Operativo
Agenzia per il Risparmio Energetico - SAVE Agency

"No one wakes up in the morning saying:
I want to consume 12kWh today." [HL Willis, 1996]