openoffice.org bug

       Hi,
       I have installed openoffice.org_1.0.0-2: There are quie a few
bug concerning the kde and gnome menu. I am going to report them.
however, I just sauw a new version in which you mention about removing
the "removed KDE stuff". There is no longer any menu, so my bug
reportt is moot. But there is still some issues

1) When launching openoffice the first time, I got the error message

running openoffice setup...
an error occurred while copying a file
ExitCode: 0

An error occurred while copying the file mathdoc.desktop to /home/pham/.gnome/apps/OpenOffice.org 1.0

Looking at my .gnome directory, I see a that a directory
"OpenOffice.org 1.0" has been created with a file mathdoc.desktop of
_length 0_. Thus I get an empty gnome menu called "OpenOffice.org 1.0"

2) There was no exeutable file spadmin in the directory
/usr/lib/openoffice/program

but only spadmin.bin. So I have difficulty to manage the printer
system-wide for all users (as an adminitrator). I have created a script
for this purpose, which contains just 4 lines

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/openoffice/program
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin.bin

It would be nice if such an executable was included in the
distribution (or even be launched in the install process) so that the
printer can be configured.

3) I can and have created a system wide menu for gnome and kde. This
is necessary since most users don't know how to launch openoffice on
the command line or aren't aware that this tool exist. But then I
notice that all the icons which was present in version 1.0.0-2 ware
gone. Can I have them back (those in /usr/lib/openoffice/share/icons).
By the way, it would be nice if the (debian) installation script also
install the gnome and kde menu system-wide. I can sent you the menu
file which I have created. The menu entry must be Openoffice (or
Openoffice.org (*)) but not Openoffice.org 1.0 since otherwise, when
one upgrade to Openoffice.org 1.1, there will be a menu
"Openoffice.org 1.0" hanging around !

(*) I prefer Openoffice since it is shorter, I understand there is a
trademark issue, but I d'ont think this could apply to a menu.
After all, the executable is called openoffice (and not openoffice.org)

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan Antoine                 | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23