Re: Debian Menus

Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:

Hi John!
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:35:40PM +0100, John M Cooper wrote:

Below are some Debian menus I have used the documents in
/usr/share/doc/menu/html as a starting point as well as the examples in
/usr/lib/menu/package and the man pages.

My understanding is this. If we put the file below in the
debain/package.menu file that the debhelper script dh_installmenu should
include the correct file in the package and add in the correct
update-menu lines to postinst and postrm.
Openoffice should then appear in the menus of all windowmanages of you
have menu installed and the window manger supports it.

Please have a look through especially at the hints and menu locations,
that I had to create, I tried to go by what other people have done and
the policy but any comments are welcome. Its a start at least some
tweaking will more than likely be needed. I think that it is compliant
with the Debian policy on this.

Again .. thnx.

Looks good! Is commited to cvs and would be included in 1.0.0-4 ...
Is there any chance that will be rearranged sometime so that one won't need a 61MB download to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul Scott