[Fwd: Apt install] in addition

I've been going over the archives, but I can't find the answer to installing OO.

I used apt-get and it installed fine with a couple of other required applications. But there is no way to start it.

I noticed one person noted that they had to move the .openoffice directory from the /root directory, and then changing ownership to the directory. However, there is no .openoffice directory under /root on my computer, so I don't know.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Curtis

PS. I wish to add. Whether I try to run openoffice as root or self, I get the following message:

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstlport_gcc.so.4.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /usr/bin/openoffice:
/root/.openoffice/soffice: No such file or directory